A Billing Specialist performs many duties, such as invoicing, data entry, financial compliance and procedures, and fixing any client billing issues. An applicant for this type of job must be detail-oriented, proficient with numbers, and provide satisfactory customer service. Because of the nature of the position, job success is dependent upon keeping accounts receivable running smoothly and avoiding potential pitfalls caused by inaccuracies.
- Controlling all sales conditions related to price per product to match management guidance (Bidding sheet approved, sales contract, or weekly spot pricing per regions and product family);
- EDI invoicing transactions initiated from American sales representative once shipments are completed;
- Communicates invoices through proper channel to each customers;
- Participate to improve projects related to the function area (increase invoicing efficiency, study automation, roll out use of billing Web portal);
- Develop effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced;
- Provide analysis and reports when required by management;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in billing
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in EDI transmission (preferred experience with iTrade and Foodlink)
- Computer skills (MS Excel, ERP, Master Data management, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc).
- Commercially and analytic mind
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure; maintain problem-solving attitude
- Ability to define priorities and to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Flexibility, able to work in a fast evolving work environment and procedures
- Teamwork (be able to function in a small team and backup the others)
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)