Position Overview: The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for effectively managing a production maintenance crew to quickly remedy machine failures, reduce future failures while maintaining personnel and food safety, and support utilities maintenance crew as needed. Be a part of this successful team.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
- Coach, Mentor, and Supervise a crew of Process/Packaging production mechanics including managing time, attendance, and performance issues.
- Generate and schedule required equipment PM tasks and assign work orders.
- Participate in/train the mechanics to continually build required skills.
- Maintain compliance with safety, GMP, Housekeeping and all other FE policies as required.
- Support utilities department manager with supervision of shift utility mechanics as needed to resolve off shift, holiday or weekend issues
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 2-5 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting
- 1-2 years experience in a maintenance supervisory role
- High level of expertise in electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate throughout the organization in written and verbal form.
- Proficiency in MS office software, AS400 and D7i
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze and interpret data
- Productive team member in both formal and informal settings
- Ability to achieve results in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to be a productive team member in both formal and informal settings.
- Previous experience managing SARBANNES OXLEY controls and reporting (daily time sheets, weekly reports)
- Familiarity with TPM, LEAN, Predictive/Preventative Maintenance programs a plus.
Job environment: General office environment. Standard office equipment available.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)