Develops, recommends, and implements approved, new, or modified plans and employee benefit policies, and supervises administration of existing Health and Welfare and Retirement plans. Develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to company and employee. Responsible for administration of employee benefits in all company operations. As needed, provides special guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility includes, but not limited to the administration of employee benefits programs including retirement, flex plans, 401(k), pension plans, deferred compensation programs, legacy pension plans and annuity plans.
- Analyze benefits costs and policies in an ongoing effort to reflect trends and maintain current with legislated requirements. Participate as key contributor.
- Work with counsel and consultants to interpret plan documents, draft plan documents and summary plan descriptions, prepare and file IRS determination letter application for qualified plans, assist with benefit issues, research and assist with legal issues surrounding plan administration and corrections of plan failures under IRS rules and guidance. Work closely with Chiquita’s outside providers and the legal and HR teams to ensure that program benefits are communicated to employees.
- Preparing reporting for the IRS and Department of Labor; preparing supporting forms and documentation for the proper operation and administration of employee benefits plans, including 401(k) plans, deferred compensation plans; plans operated outside of the US, annuity plans and legacy pension plans.
- Gather and analyze relevant data, and manage the quarterly Employee Benefits Committee Meeting.
- Coordinate Open Enrollment including contract renewals, communication materials, etc.
- Work with brokerage firm and Health Providers to manage progressive wellness programs.
- Prepare, review, and sign benefits invoices and funding, as well as prepare budgets for key financial team leaders.
- Manage the annual ERISA audit of a Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plan.
- Research and resolve administrative and policy interpretation issues with vendors.
- Ensures company stays apprised of and in compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) and Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). Stay current on legislation and implications for benefit plans. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies.
- Serve as a resource to HR representatives in the Business Units.
- Minimum of 10 years benefits experience in qualified and non-qualified retirement plan administration, as well as health and welfare plans.
- Exceptional organizational, research, writing, leadership business and client relationship skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and high attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, PPACA and HIPAA regulations required.
- Ability to collaborate and achieve consensus within diverse business groups.
- Possess strong team management skills and ability to lead by example in a constantly changing and variable environment.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation or related designation preferred.
Job environment & conditions:
- General office environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)