Marketing Assistant, North America
We are looking for a driven, proactive and service minded Marketing Assistant to join our North America team. In this role, you will be a key player in supporting our Marketing Manager for North America and local Sales team to implement local marketing tools to strengthen the brand and activate consumers to buy more Chiquita bananas. Our ideal candidate has substantial experience with project management and coordinating large-scale events, and has a great deal of self-sufficiency in staying organized and accomplishing their duties.
The purpose of this role is to translate the Global Marketing Strategy into local consumer activities which contribute to the profitable growth of the banana category in the North America. You will work on key marketing projects and events from start to finish, working with internal teams and external contractors. As a key member of the marketing team, you will primarily coordinate with business owners, sales and marketing teams, and conference exhibitors.
- Plan, organize and execute programs and trade shows and events by establishing standardized event procedures including venue and travel bookings
- Develop and evaluate in store materials, display solutions and other sales materials for field sales team
- Support the development and execution of consumer marketing activities nationally and account specific promotions in cooperation with the local sales team
- Assist in the management of the Miss Chiquita program
- Build and adhere to an event budget to avoid project overruns
- Maintain the customer specific marketing budget both contracted and not contacted these activities include but not limited to creating purchase orders, entering invoices into the system
- Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience in event planning, marketing, brand/product management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Formal presentation skills
- Strong organization and planning capabilities
- Persuasiveness: pro-activity and foresight to point out opportunities and risks to the business
- Proficient with Basecamp and Microsoft applications i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in a fast-paced consumer goods company preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Ability to deliver positive results in a team working environment with a diverse group of internal and external customers
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business or a related field required
You are an ambitious, flexible and driven professional who is able to deliver results within a fast paced environment. You are self-motivated and can work independently yet you are a true team player who is service minded, taking pride in what you deliver. Professional and structured, you keep your head cool when multi-tasking.
Your strong communication skills combined with your interpersonal capabilities enable you to easily interact cross borders. Furthermore, you are motivated by building and implementing new ways of working and are open to change.
To be successful in this role the candidate should have an educational background in marketing, along with experience in a fast paced consumer goods company, preferably within the grocery/produce industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)