Responsible for timely accurate month-end accounting close and associated tasks. Reviews and prepares account reconciliations. Reviews General Ledger account balances for compliance with GAAP and internal controls. Monitors changes in the business and the accounting transactions for improved reporting & accuracy of financials. Identifies and communicates accounting issues and problems. Seeks opportunities to streamline and improve accounting transactions and works with the business to provide accounting support to meet customer needs. Involved in system projects and initiatives to develop and enhance transactional process and reporting tools. Provides guidance to accountants and co-op in department.
- Responsible for timely, accurate, posting of payroll to the G/L. Acts as liaison between accounting
- Ensures timely, accurate, quality preparation of the Company’s monthly financial statements. Works with Controllers and Tax departments for disclosure items. Provides financial support to the business through teamwork with analysts to provide meaningful information and reporting of the business. Supports working capital, management and tax reporting.
- Provides information by responding to questions and requests; assists with special projects by collecting and reviewing financial information, prepares reports and information to support business analysis; and contributes to team effort and objectives. Assists with development of budgets and variances, documentation and other tasks. Develops self and team through involvement in projects, work on system initiatives and developmental opportunities. Continuous evaluation of current processes for improvement
- Bachelor of Science, concentration in accounting.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the preparation and review of financial statements.
- A thorough understanding of accounting systems, internal controls, process flows, and general accounting.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Computer skills – Excel, ERP accounting systems, Word, databases.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)