We seek a driven, proactive and service minded Category and Consumer Insights Analyst to help to drive business growth by uncovering, interpreting and integrating category and business insights. The successful candidate will be a key player in supporting the development of consumer insights through executing effective and efficient qualitative and quantitative consumer research methodologies and communicating actionable recommendations across the organization.
The role will also assist in providing direction for business development by creating business reviews, and providing analytical support for business and customer teams to help grow Chiquita’s volume, share, and brand equity with strategic customers.
The position will be based in Fort Lauderdale and you will belong to the Global team working closely with Sales, Legal, Category Management and agency partners and Marketing Head Quarter to meet corporate business targets.
The purpose of this role is to assist with consumer insights research projects and category management business reviews that identify category trends, cross-category dynamics, total produce department best practices, consumer and shopper insights, customer business results, category management and opportunities to help Chiquita grow:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare in-depth analysis of segment-specific data to understand business performance and contribute with strategic insights and recommendations to the business and customer teams, including measurement, quantification, and evaluation of the success of various marketing, retail, and supply chain initiatives
- Create fact-based selling stories by providing relevant category, channel, shopper and customer insights along with product assortment, pricing and promotional strategies
- Work with research agency partners to select the best research tools from initiation to integration, including survey development, product and concept testing, consumer panels, brand health trackers, consumer needs state landscape, consumer segmentation, U&A’s, ethnographies, shopper research, social media listening research, and marketing mix tools
- Analyze and synthesize information from a range of different sources to identify key insights, business implications and meaningful actions that maximize the benefit for business intelligence across the business units
- Assist in the continuous enhancement of an effective and efficient reporting system to leverage primary and secondary information resources that continually elevate Chiquita’s Category Management program
- Maintain various syndicated databases, developing scorecards and ad-hoc reporting tools designed to interpret results and provide solutions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; business-related discipline or MBA is an asset
- 4 years relevant category management and marketing research experience with exposure to broad range of custom and syndicated research techniques and applications
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to tell a story, an influential communicator and presenter to business audience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills)
- Experience with AC Nielsen, IRI, GFK, NPD, 84.51 and integrate relevant analysis to support business needs
- Familiar with category management business practices, marketing principles and an appreciation for the creative process
- Experience in questionnaire design
- Collaborative attitude to thrive in cross functional and multi-level team environment
- Active listener with a deep passion and curiosity to uncover core issues and key insights
- Fluent in English, other languages will be considered as a plus
Other Position Parameters
- The role reports to the Global Business Strategy Manager (based in Ft. Lauderdale)
- The post is located at North American Headquarters, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
An ambitious, flexible and driven person who is able to deliver results with a high pace; comfortable with thinking ahead and making your own decisions. You are a real team player and truly service minded, taking pride in what you deliver. Professional and structured, you keep your head cool when multi-tasking.
Your strong communication skills combined with your interpersonal capabilities enable you to easily interact cross borders. Furthermore, you are motivated by building and implementing new ways of working and are open to change.
To be successful in this role, we believe you have a degree in marketing and have already gathered first experience in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods company, preferable with fresh products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)