Position Overview: Chiquita is looking for an entry-level Accounts Receivable Clerk to join the credit and collection team. We are looking for highly motivated individual who is detail oriented to assist within the Credit and collection department and complete special projects as needed. The Accounts Receivable Clerk Position is responsible for assisting and supporting the credit and collection department with all accounts receivable functions-credits, deductions, reporting, and collections and other accounting duties as assigned.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
- Respond quickly and accurately to questions from internal customers.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Prepare reports as needed and requested.
- Assist with other projects and initiatives.
- Process Credit and Debit Memos for shortages, price discrepancy, discounts, freight waiver, uncollectible write-off, returns, duplicate invoices. Ensure and audit credits by checking the supporting and back-up documents.
- Ensure the Credit and Debit Memos are reflected on customer’s account.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivables.
- Review Salesforce for assigned deductions accounts and collect back up documentation to justify the claims.
- Resolves earned, and unearned deduction claims through retrieving back up documentation from Customer, Sales Rep or BQ (Banana Quality
- Perform other accounting duties as requested.
- Associates degree required.
- Minimum of 1-year accounts receivable and deduction experience, as well as basic understanding of accounting systems, internal controls, process flows, and general accounting.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, organized and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, develop standards and recommend process improvements.
- Demonstrated time management skills, ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Basic Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word.
Job environment: General office environment. Standard office equipment available.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)