Reporting to the Sr. Analyst Transportation, this role will focus on providing administrative support to the Inland Transportation department. This role will also update and maintain periodic transportation performance status reports, presented to upper management and company stakeholders. The successful candidate will have strong leadership, communication, and critical thinking skills, as well as the ability to manage internal and external relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vendor invoice validation and processing
- Freight claims management
- Transportation Management System administration support
- Transportation execution support
- Carrier management support for pricing, contracting and rate management
- Transportation cost analysis for common, dedicated and private fleets; weekly data validation and entry for dedicated fleet costs
- Monitoring of routing guide compliance and cost
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent applicable experience require
- 3 years’ relevant experience required; transportation or shipping
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Full cycle of A/P experience is a plus
- Claims or collections experience; vendor interaction
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills a must
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, experience in taking initiative and making appropriate decisions. Planning and organizing skills essential.
- Strong detail orientation and communication skills essential
- Proficiency with computer systems and applications (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint essential).
- Proven ability to take direction from multiple sources.
- Ability to show personal initiative and commitment.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)