This position is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and repair of Chiquita container/chassis/gen-set equipment, which must be ready for each weekly ship movement, and must meet the Department of Transportation requirements under the direction of the North America Maintenance Manager. This position is also responsible for constantly reinforces and updates the training of the workforce.
- Maintenance of the Chiquita container/chassis/gen-set related equipment per the Company's Standard Operating Procedures. Perform weekly equipment audits on same to ensure compliances are met.
- Coordinate shop work and determine priorities, keeping the preventative maintenance program as the main goal
- Assist team in keeping records, using the JDE system, surveys of damaged equipment, etc.
- Oversee yard and ship operations during vessel port call.
- Monitor and ensure monthly shop and safety equipment is performed.
- Consult and advise carriers on over-the-road repairs and participate in weekly 24/7 on call rotation with other M&R personnel.
- Oversee the spare parts inventory and coordinate materials requests and dispatches with the local spare parts supervisor.
- Provide support to the port operations manager to achieve location objectives and goals.
Use excellent organizational, multitasking, customer relations and written/spoken communication skills to drive business results.
Proficient with Microsoft Office products
Minimum Education: Associates degree in applied technology
Additional Job Requirements:
Experience in an Intermodal fleet environment preferred
Experience with JDEdwards a plus
English required, Spanish a plus
We are seeking a local candidate for this position, therefore no relocation assistance will be provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)