Chiquita is seeking a high performing professional responsible for supervising the day-to-day preventive maintenance and repair of Chiquita’s chassis and gensets to meet operation requirements following California laws and regulations (Department of Transportation – DOT –and Air Resources Board – ARB – for chassis and genset respectively). The position will also coordinate weekly reefer container pretrips and yard equipment maintenance. In addition, the position is responsible for determining the cost of damages caused to Chiquita’s equipment to recover the repair or write off value of these. The candidate must be flexible to extended working schedules, weekends and/or holidays, when needed, and multitasking.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise the maintenance of the Chiquita chassis and genset performed by mechanics following the Company's Standard Operating Procedures and California regulations (per DOT and ARB). Perform weekly equipment audits on same to ensure compliances are met.
- Supervise the container pre-trip required following the Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Establish and follow up a preventive maintenance calendar for yard equipment.
- Quote, when needed, third party services following Chiquita’s policies and procedures and supervise the execution of the work requested to third parties.
- Coordinate shop work and determine priorities for mechanics, keeping the preventative maintenance program as the main goal.
- Consult and advise carriers on over-the-road repairs and participate in weekly 24/7 on call rotation with other M&R personnel.
- Provide the cost of damaged equipment and follow up with the Regional Equipment team on the decision to repair or write off the equipment to recover the cost of these with the responsible third party.
- Assist on surveys of new equipment brought in the fleet and in the preparation of equipment to be removed from the fleet.
- Assist on surveys of equipment over the road or at the port as needed.
- Oversee the spare parts inventory, as well as tools and equipment used for maintenance and coordinate materials requests.
- Ensure all equipment maintenance and repair labor and parts are registered in the system provided by the Company for record keeping.
- Assist in safety, order and cleanliness programs of Chiquita’s facility.
- Provide support to the port operations manager to achieve overall location objectives and goals.
- Associates degree in applied technology.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years of maintenance and repair experience
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory position
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong work ethic, goal driven, self-motivated and team work player.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills to drive business results.
- The candidate must be flexible to extended schedules as well as weekend/holidays when needed.
- Some travelling may be required, therefore, willingness to travel within or outside the US.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, LICENSES:
- Welding experience and certificate is a plus
- Experience in an Intermodal fleet environment preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- English required, Spanish a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are seeking a local candidate for this position, therefore no relocation assistance will be provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)