Position Overview: The Material Handler supports the production scheduling team and the procurement groups with plant scheduling and procurement duties for Production at the plant.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
- Update production schedules for the plant to meet customer and shipping requirements and planned safety stock levels.
- Shipping Communication- Will review product shortage information provided by Shipping and Transportation teams and provide feedback regarding potential shipping issues and communicates with Customer Service Team.
- Provide back-up support for raw and dry materials procurement.
- Knowledge of Forklift operation, able to lift 50 lbs. from floor to overhead positions.
- Weekend work required
- 1-3 years of production scheduling and procurement experience, preferably in produce or short shelf life commodities.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to communicate in written and verbal form in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve issues on a constant basis and timely basis.
- Ability to achieve results in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software, especially Excel.
- AS400 operating systems.
Job environment: Distribution Center / General office environment. Standard office equipment available.
Ensure compliance with corporate food safety guidelines. This includes training and knowledge of GMP and HACCP/Food Safety guidelines and the application of these guidelines in day to day activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)