Responsible for fruit ordering and delivery. Plans ripening based on coordination with sales for fruit requirements and with other distribution centers regarding inventory. Responsible for the quality of the ripening in accordance with customers’ expectations for color temperature. Has some sales and customer support functions. This position requires 24 Hr, 7 day a week on call availability.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, execute and monitor the product inventory requirements, fruit ordering, LTR forecasting process. Establishing and maintaining ripening schedules, room monitoring and adjustments and the coordination of fruit availability wit sales requirements. Responsible for quality of ripening in terms of customer preferences for color and temperature.
- Supervise the loading and unloading of incoming of fruit, including fruit inspections. Control of inventory on a daily basis.
- Assist in servicing and retaining existing accounts.
- Ensure quality evaluations of incoming and outgoing fruit are carried out and recorded according to requirements and reports on unusual fruit, pallet or packaging appearance and/or behavior.
- High School diploma
- Understanding how produce/fruit behaves under different conditions, the effects of temperature, etc. Specific experience processing/ripening bananas highly preferred. Experiences in inventory control and quality assurance are also helpful.
Job environment: Manufacturing environment
Chiquita Fresh North America
Company Website: www.chiquita.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)